3.12.2007

El Museo Precedents and Ideas


I'm very attacted to the look of demolished standard materials.


I like the idea of using nominal and standard sizes in a non-standard arrangement. I know this has been done before, but I think it might make an interesting facade if it looked like a construction in progress kinda exploded and then partially melted to the face of the building.
I think we should explore the idea of making a really sculptural space (this is for an art museum) out of materials that aren't sculptural, or aren't associated with sculpture.



Another interesting option may be to use recycled cardboard which would complement the look of the existing facade. We actually did a project back in school where we were forced to use recycled cardboard, which actually has a lot of properties that may be beneficial to what we are doing.

No comments: