4.10.2007

CatFishBait

So here are my conceptual models of the facade. The component on the left will be canvas tensioned and shape with cable or rope. The more complex form on the right that looks like it's being eaten by the canvas form is to be constructed out of 2x4s, I'm still thinking of connectors....
The procession is still in the way I described, entering near the container and then continuing towards the actual entrance. The high point of the structure as well as the overlap of the two main building materials will cue visitors towards the opening.
elevation




View from HVAC Area




Looking at entrance near container

It should be a nice blending of angular deconstructivist type forms against the very organic and flowing form of the canvas structure. I think the combination of those two forms could make for a really interesting and striking design.



view from the road


view from existing parking and existing main entrance

so conceptually thats it, I'll model what it begins to look like with actual building elements later today or tomorrow sometime. It kinda reminded me of a catfish eating a skeleton...at least in my head.

2 comments:

chris.grammens said...

Is the only submission for this competition the facade image or are there detail that we need to work on? I like the form but I think it will look much better as just the 2 x 4 skeleton with a few areas of sun projection which could be the canvas. I really like the raw look of the previously posted of the construction materials and I think this project will look good pretty raw. We can keep a raw look and intergrate the weaving idea by using some new and reclaimed 2 x 4s so we get mix of gray and light wood colors.

chris.grammens said...

I'm seeing some similarities to the Decoi project ether/i at least in the structured form that we can explore with 2 x 4s.